Nevermind that people usually post their new year’s resolution as their first post of the year…Here’s a wrap-up of 2014:
1) I finished 3/12 PSP games on the 2014 New Year’s Resolution. And definitely bought more than 3 PSP games due to their increasingly cheap prices.
2) I didn’t play as many eroge/galge as last year. Of the things I played, only 2 of them were actually released this year! Go me for being great at keeping up with the times. I’ve only added to my backlog as I discover more interesting-sounding eroge every time I finish one. ハ ハ ハ
3) The PS Vita has become my main console of choice. Not that this wasn’t unexpected, considering the genres I like. I don’t think I finished any major 3DS games this year, although Pokemon Omega Ruby might be pretty close. Oh, but I just bought a JP 3DS! ＨＡ ＨＡ ＨＡ
4) It doesn’t feel like I got any better at moonrunes, maybe I should get off my lazy ass and actually try to remember the things I search up.
5) I haven’t been playing less games, I’m just less motivated to write about them. There weren’t a lot of kusoge i could rant on, and I’m getting bored of writing legit reviews. Might I’ll just start writing more casual impressions.
1) Senshinkan. It wasn’t as great as Dies Irae but it was definitely the most fun to read of all I read this year, text-wise.
2) Himawari. Probably the best VN out of everything that has that level of easy Japanese.
3) Oretsuba. Hilarious, and great heroines. Ou Jackson pls write more eroge.
4) Sen no Kiseki II. It wasn’t a conclusive game like Sora SC or Ao, but more like Act II of III in the Erebonian arc. I still liked the game a lot, but boy does it make you hungrier rather than full. Best gameplay so far, though.
5) Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo. It was a well-made spin-off with lots of effort put into it. Fukawa Touko best.
I’m not giving up on that backlog. The universe is infinitely expanding but it’s not like villains stop trying to conquer it.
Aoi Umi no Tristia + sequels – series 354089213 that I’ve been meaning to play for a while
Metal Max 4 – see above
Tales of Innocence R – I own it, might as well play it
Tales of the World: Reve Unitia – see above
Great Edo Blacksmith – Bought this on a whim because I was in the mood for a fanservicey RPG, but by the time it arrived I started playing something else
Shining Resonace – I was meaning to play this when I bought it, really! But I started another game on the PS3 and it arrived before I finished the game I started, so….
Tales of Vesperia – The game mentioned above
Chaos Rings III – Was meaning to play this right after the second game, but got distracted by PS Nova
Shiei no Sona-Nyl – Now playing. It was about time that I got into the What A Beautiful series.
Kinki no Magna – I’m suffering from kusoge deficiency.
Bravely Default – I guess I should play this since I bought into the hype but then never touched it
Etrian Odyssey Untold – loved EO4, but for some reason I bought this game and never touched it. I think I was playing another game and forgot.
Dungeon Travelers 2 – Bought together with Sen no Kiseki II and Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo. Guess which one got ignored?
Moero Chronicle – If you notice a pattern in why games are backlogged, you’re not wrong.
I’m going to be a disappointment again this year, aren’t I?
January 15, 2015 at 14:16
Is that Himawari you mention this one here (https://vndb.org/v210)? Because i’m always interested in finding a good VN with simple Japanese to whet my teeth on (not that i’ve gotten further than a few lines into any Japanese VN T_T).
January 16, 2015 at 21:16
Indeed it is. It’s probably one of the easiest sci-fi VNs around.